To provide quality mass media education through its subjects or courses that take into account not only the technological advancement but also the information needs of the people. The Mass Communication course promotes students’ awareness of societal and environmental issues and concerns as well as how mass media practitioners can fulfill their role as agents of meaningful change.
To produce competent, critical, ethical professionals who will uphold and practice free and responsible journalism and broadcasting.
With the objective, of helping develop free, responsible, and God-fearing citizenry equipped with social networking information skills required of media practitioners in this digital age.
At the end of the course, the students should be able to:
1. manifest the ideals and characteristics of competent, judicious, and ethical journalists;
2. apply multimedia and bilingual awareness in broadcasting and journalism;
3. work as responsible media practitioners;
4. participate actively in a democratic society;
5. display leadership skills
6. show reflective thinking in investigating social issues as well as in considering many points of view.
7. use with dexterity the latest gadgets in communication as they interact with people from all walks of life;
8. exhibit their proficiency in speaking, writing, reading, and listening.